Thursday, August 28, 2008

Festivals . . .festivals

Since Utah has such a large, mostly homogenous culture, I'm really grateful for all the cultural festivals that I can take my kids to and give them some exposure to something different.

More festivals coming up. This weekend is the Salt Lake American Muslim cultural festival (Aug. 30 & 31st from 3 to 8 p.m. at Washington Square). More info here: http://www.saltlakeamericanmuslim.com/culture_fest.html

The IndiaFest at the Krishna Temple is a nice day trip kind of festival that I hope we can make it to (our one and only family car is giving us some grief lately). That's happening on September 13th starting at 4 p.m. at 8628 S. Main in Spanish Fork: www.utahkrishnas.com

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The Greek festival starts I think today too (Sept 4) downtown. I know it runs through this weekend. The IndiaFest is a blast! I went many years ago..maybe I'll try and take the boys this year. Thanks for the reminder!